Teeing off in Paradise: The Ultimate Golf Destinations in the Americas
When you make purchases through our links we may earn a small commission.
As a passionate travel golfer, I’ve had the privilege of exploring some of the most breathtaking golf courses across the United States, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico. Each of these destinations offers unique experiences for golf enthusiasts, from challenging fairways to stunning scenic beauty. In this article, I’ll share my top recommendations for golf courses in these regions, divided into sections based on location.
Pebble Beach Golf Links, California
- Located on California’s Monterey Peninsula, Pebble Beach Golf Links is a golfer’s paradise with stunning ocean views.
- Host to multiple major championships, it’s a must-play for any serious golfer.
- The iconic 7th hole, with its breathtaking coastline, is a highlight.
Pinehurst No. 2, North Carolina
- Pinehurst No. 2 is a masterpiece of course design, crafted by the legendary Donald Ross.
- Known for its undulating greens and sandy waste areas, it provides a challenging and strategic test of golf.
Bandon Dunes, Oregon
- Bandon Dunes boasts four world-class links-style courses along the rugged Oregon coast.
- The authenticity of the links experience, complemented by stunning natural beauty, is unparalleled.
Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia
- Augusta National is the holy grail of golf courses, hosting the prestigious Masters Tournament.
- Its immaculate condition, iconic Amen Corner, and the allure of the Green Jacket make it a bucket-list destination.
Whistling Straits, Wisconsin
- Located along the shores of Lake Michigan, Whistling Straits features two challenging Pete Dye-designed courses.
- The Straits Course, with its rugged terrain and panoramic lake views, has hosted multiple major championships.
Bethpage Black, New York
- Bethpage Black, part of Bethpage State Park, is known for its challenging layout and hosted the U.S. Open.
- Publicly accessible, it offers an authentic and tough golfing experience for enthusiasts.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina
- Kiawah Island is home to the Ocean Course, designed by Pete Dye, which hosted the 2012 PGA Championship.
- The course features oceanfront holes with challenging winds, providing a true seaside golf experience.
Shadow Creek Golf Course, Nevada
- Shadow Creek in Las Vegas is renowned for its exclusivity and opulence.
- Designed by Tom Fazio, the course features lush landscaping, waterfalls, and a serene atmosphere.
Torrey Pines Golf Course, California
- Located in San Diego, Torrey Pines offers stunning ocean views and two championship courses.
- The South Course has hosted the U.S. Open, providing a challenging test for golfers.
Content Continues Below
Royal Isabela Golf Club, Isabela
- Set amidst dramatic cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Royal Isabela offers a unique and challenging golf experience.
- The natural terrain and ocean vistas make every hole an adventure.
TPC Dorado Beach, Dorado
- Designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., TPC Dorado Beach boasts picturesque courses set against the backdrop of the Caribbean Sea.
- The East Course, with its oceanfront holes, is a favorite among golfers.
Coco Beach Golf & Country Club, Rio Grande
- With two 18-hole courses designed by Tom Kite and Tom Fazio, Coco Beach offers a diverse golfing experience.
- The Championship Course, with its lush tropical surroundings, is a favorite among golfers.
Bahia Beach Golf Club, Rio Grande
- Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed this beautiful course, set within a pristine nature reserve.
- The course’s lush surroundings and well-manicured fairways offer golfers a serene escape.
Punta Borinquen Golf Club, Aguadilla
- Punta Borinquen is situated on the northwest coast of Puerto Rico, offering scenic ocean views.
- The course combines challenging holes with the beauty of the Caribbean coastline.
Teeth of the Dog, Dominican Republic
- Designed by Pete Dye, this course in Casa de Campo is famous for its challenging design and seven holes hugging the Caribbean coast.
- The stunning cliffside views make it one of the Caribbean’s most unforgettable golf experiences.
White Witch Golf Course, Jamaica
- Perched on Jamaica’s lush hills, White Witch offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and challenging elevation changes.
- The course combines natural beauty with a formidable layout.
Royal St. Kitts Golf Club, St. Kitts
- Nestled between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, Royal St. Kitts offers breathtaking views.
- The course features a variety of challenges, including dramatic elevation changes and coastal winds.
CuisinArt Golf Club, Anguilla
- The CuisinArt Golf Club on the island of Anguilla offers a challenging Greg Norman-designed course.
- Golfers can enjoy breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea while navigating the fairways.
Apes Hill Club, Barbados
- This Tom Fazio-designed course in Barbados features dramatic elevation changes and panoramic views.
- The course winds through lush tropical terrain and offers a memorable golfing experience.
Content Continues Below
The Ocean Club, Paradise Island
- Designed by Tom Weiskopf, The Ocean Club features a stunning island backdrop and turquoise waters.
- The course is challenging yet enjoyable, and it’s a favorite among celebrities.
Albany Golf Course, Nassau
- Albany Golf Course offers a private and exclusive golf experience in the Bahamas.
- Designed by Ernie Els, it combines pristine conditions with challenging play.
Sandals Emerald Bay Golf Course, Exuma
- Designed by golf legend Greg Norman, this course offers a luxurious golf experience.
- Set along the tranquil waters of the Exumas, it combines beauty and golfing excellence.
The Abaco Club on Winding Bay, Abaco
- This exclusive golf club features a Scottish-style links course designed by Donald Steel and Tom Mackenzie.
- The coastal holes provide incredible vistas of the turquoise waters.
Albany Links Golf Course, Nassau
- Albany also offers the Ernie Els-designed “Links” course, providing a different golfing challenge.
- This course combines elements of traditional Scottish links golf with the beauty of the Bahamas.
Diamante Dunes, Cabo San Lucas
Designed by Davis Love III, Diamante Dunes offers dramatic desert golf along the Baja Peninsula. Ocean views, challenging dunes, and unique holes make it a top destination in Mexico.
- Diamante Dunes: A Golfing Paradise in Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Lands End Resort and Spa: A Luxurious Oasis in Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Must-Have Experiences to Enjoy When Visiting Cabo San Lucas
El Camaleón Mayakoba, Riviera Maya
- Host to the PGA Tour’s OHL Classic, El Camaleón offers a unique layout through dense mangroves and along the Caribbean Sea.
- The course is known for its ecological practices and stunning beauty.
Punta Mita Golf Club, Nayarit
- The Punta Mita Golf Club features two Jack Nicklaus-designed courses, Pacifico and Bahia.
- Pacifico is famous for its “Tail of the Whale” hole, a natural island green accessible only during low tide.
Vidanta Golf Los Cabos, Los Cabos
- Located in the heart of the Baja Peninsula, Vidanta Golf offers a collection of stunning courses.
- The Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman-designed layouts provide golfers with memorable experiences.
Riviera Cancun Golf & Resorts, Cancun
- This resort boasts an impressive course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- The layout incorporates natural mangroves and lagoons, creating a picturesque yet challenging experience.
Loreto Bay Golf Resort & Spa, Baja California Sur
- Designed by David Duval and Tom Weiskopf, this course offers stunning views of the Sea of Cortez.
- Golfers can enjoy the serene ambiance while tackling a variety of holes.
Cabo del Sol Golf Club, Los Cabos
- Cabo del Sol boasts two world-class courses, the Ocean Course and the Desert Course.
- The Ocean Course offers breathtaking seaside holes, while the Desert Course provides an inland desert challenge.
Vista Vallarta Golf Club, Puerto Vallarta
- Vista Vallarta features two courses designed by Jack Nicklaus and Tom Weiskopf.
- Golfers can enjoy stunning views of the Sierra Madre Mountains while navigating the fairways.
These golf courses in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico provide a diverse range of experiences for golfers. Whether you seek challenging play, spectacular ocean views, or unique course designs, these destinations offer it all. So, pack your clubs, book your tee times, and get ready to tee off in paradise on your next golf adventure.
You’ll get more articles like this – and our favorite promotional offers delivered straight to your inbox.
By submitting this form you agree to our terms and conditions. You can unsubscribe at any time.