When you purchase products or services through our links we earn a small commission. Thank you.
My Favourite Thanksgiving Soup Thanksgiving Recipe | Chef Jean-Pierre
Page Sponsored by: Partisan For The People 👀👯♀️
PRODUCTS USED BY CHEF:
❤️ Silicone Spatulas Set of 3: https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/S…
❤️ Laser Thermometer: https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/I…
❤️ Scrapper / Chopper: https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/S…
❤️ Signed copy Chef Jean-Pierre’s Cookbook: https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/C…
- ¾ pound of Bacon sliced
- 1 large Onion diced, about 2 cups
- 1 or 2 large Butternut Squash – peeled and cut into 1” cube, about 5 pounds total weight
- 1 pound Sweet Potatoes cut into 1” cube
- 2 large Leeks diced
- 2 large Celery diced
- 10 to 12 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger grated or chopped
- 10 to 12 cups Chicken or Vegetables Stock
- or whatever you need to “barely” cover the vegetables
- ½ cup Cream Sherry (optional)
- ¼ cup Whipping Cream
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parsley freshly chopped
For the Croutons:
- 5 to 6 slices of Brioche or your favorite Bread, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
For the Sour Cream Topping:
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 / 3 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 or 2 dashes Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Makes 8 to 10 Servings
- In a heavy soup kettle, heat the bacon and let it render its fat for a few minutes at low heat. Add the onion and cook until light golden brown. Add butternut squash, potato, leeks, celery, garlic, cumin and ginger. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook gently for 45 minutes. Or until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender (or a regular blender), puree the soup until very smooth. Add the cream, sherry and salt and pepper.
- You may complement this soup with garlic and Parmesan cheese croutons and a drizzle of sour cream.
Make the Croutons
Turn on Broiler
- Cut the bread into ½” cubes. In a large sauté pan, heat the butter. When melted and add garlic and parsley. Mix thoroughly then add croutons. When croutons are well‑coated, transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer and broil until golden brown. Be sure to mix them around the pan every few minutes to get them golden and crisp on all sides.
- Allow to cool NOT COVERED on a cookie sheet not in a bowl in a single layer.
Make the Sour Cream Topping
- Mix all ingredients to achieve the right consistency and seasoning!
If you found this video helpful and know of someone that would benefit from this video, please share it. 🍻🇺🇸📣
Heavily researched. Thoroughly vetted.
BY OMNICORE Nov 26, 2021
BY SOLO STOVE Nov 26, 2021
BY CROWD COW Nov 26, 2021
BY CALIFORNIA WINE CLUB Nov 26, 2021